Simplicity meets excellence with the new cobas® pro integrated solutions
Today’s laboratories are challenged with delivering high standards of services with fewer resources. The pressure to meet greater testing demands, improve efficiency, and deliver reliable, high-quality results, while facing a shortage of qualified staff and growing budget constraints is reaching a critical impasse. With concern for patient care at the heart of the lab, Roche has launched the new cobas® pro integrated solutions in countries accepting the CE mark, which is the latest groundbreaking innovation in our long history in shaping lab diagnostics.
The cobas pro integrated solutions marks a significant milestone in advancing laboratory diagnostic workflow, improving user experience and helping to advance clinical outcomes, by streamlining and simplifying equipment and processes. This new generation of Serum Work Area solutions has been inspired by our tireless mission to help improve speed and reliability of treatment decisions for patients and their families. At Roche Diagnostics, we have listened to our customers and know that while they face many differing challenges, they share common struggles within the lab:
- Resource inefficiencies and unexpected interruptions that delay in delivering timely results to patients
- Minimal Space to manage growth and higher volumes of tests
- Time consuming and repetitive manual work that prevents laboratory personnel from focusing on the things that matter
- An unpredictable future where the need to access new innovations is constant
These are the four themes and insights that inspired the development of the cobas pro integrated solutions.
Channeling insights into innovation to better support patients:
“This new generation of Serum Work Area solutions has been inspired by our tireless mission to help improve speed and reliability of treatment decisions for patients and their families,” said Thomas Schinecker, Head of Centralised and Point of Care Solutions at Roche Diagnostics. “To achieve this, we strive to simplify the workflow of our customers so they can carry out their daily routine efficiently. Increasing automation and minimizing operation intervention with cobas pro integrated solutions will not only improve productivity, but also enhance reliability and turnaround times in delivering results to patients”.
Shaped by these insights, the cobas pro integrated solutions offers a range of innovative new features that serve to optimize the day to day experience of laboratory professionals, supporting them to focus their time on the tasks that matter and less time on hands-on, manual operations.
- Automated daily and weekly maintenance, to support reduced service efforts
- More tests per reagent pack with cobas c pack green and cobas e pack green, to allow for long walk-away times and less loading, ordering and handling events for reagents.
- Reagent on board stability of up to 4 months for immunochemistry and up to 6 months for clinical chemistry to minimize operator intervention and maximize productivity
- Loading on-the-fly of reagents and consumables without interrupting the operation, so that reagents can be loaded at any time of the day
- Reduced calibration effort through cobas AutoCal, saving up to 92 hours of hands-on time annually
- Increased sample integrity and unprecedented levels of cleanliness through cobas SonicWash
- The broadest SWA assay menu consolidated on a single platform to help customers use their space efficiently1
Roche knows that the future of sustainable healthcare depends on diagnostics to help facilitate cost reductions and decrease hospitalization through improved disease management and patient care. To this end, Roche continues to evolve innovation to meet future laboratory and healthcare needs, which is exemplified by the latest solution in the Roche Serum Work Area platform family, the cobas pro integrated solutions.
The cobas pro integrated solutions is Roche Diagnostics’ direct response to our customers and patients. We have listened, and the result is a revolutionary solution that offers greater controls, flexibility and a simplified workflow to support better clinical outcomes for patients.
- Status as of May 1, 2018. Source: Abbott website Alinity, Abbott website ARCHITECT ci8200, Siemens website Atellica, Siemens website ADVIA, Beckman Coulter website