● Enable understanding of the seroprevalence, the rate of asymptomatic carriage, extent of virus spread in households and communities.
● For mass screening of individuals for epidemiological use (for example, to help determine the prevalent burden of the disease)
● The test could possibly aid in the determination of potential immunity which might support the decision for patient to “go back to work”
● Identification of individuals who mounted a strong antibody response could serve the need for donors of convalescent serum as a therapy
● The analysers used for testing are automated, capable of producing thousands of tests a day with minimal human intervention and errors