- The cobas mobile solution is Roche’s latest digital tool that allows laboratory professionals to interact with their analysers from anywhere in the lab
- The new solution integrates multiple Roche applications helping optimise productivity in lab operations
- By providing tools to improve and streamline processes, Roche is advancing technology to improve patient care
Rotkreuz, 25 November 2019 – Roche (SIX: RO, ROG; OTCQX: RHHBY) announced today the launch of the cobas® mobile solution, an innovative tablet application with no location restrictions, making it possible for laboratory personnel to stay connected at all times. Enabling faster decision-making and enhancing walk away time, the cobas mobile solution allows laboratory personnel to interact directly with their analysers* from anywhere in the lab, thereby improving efficiency and convenience. Push notifications indicate if and when intervention is required using an intuitive colour-coding system. The cobas mobile solution integrates seamlessly with multiple Roche applications, including cobas® mobicheck 2.0, cobas® screen share, User Assistance and Roche DiaLog.
One of the major challenges in laboratory operations is the implementation of efficient workflows and overseeing multiple laboratory analysers, especially in larger laboratories,
said Ann Costello, Head of Centralised and Point of Care Solutions at Roche Diagnostics.
The cobas mobile solution provides laboratories with an intuitive and easy-to-use tool, so they can access and interact with multiple analysers from any location within the lab environment. By providing tools to improve and streamline processes, Roche is advancing technology to improve patient care.
The cobas mobile solution includes four applications at launch:
- cobas mobicheck allows laboratory personnel to monitor the alarm, reagent and analyser status of connected cobas® 8000 modular analysers and cobas® pro integrated solutions. Using cobas mobicheck, up to eight analysers can be monitored at one glance from any location within the facility network.
- cobas screen share enables laboratory personnel to mirror multiple analyser screens on their mobile tablet to interact with them remotely within the lab network.
- User Assistance is a digital user guide that provides interactive multimedia content with step-by-step instructions.
- Roche DiaLog simplifies everyday tasks through the single sign-in for instant mobile access to personalised information and insights to effectively manage the daily workload. Roche DiaLog includes additional digital services such as eLabDoc, and eLibrary.
The cobas mobile solution will be further enhanced and extended with additional applications in the future, ensuring it continues to meet the demands of laboratory professionals today and tomorrow.