Quality comes first
At an early pre-analytical stage, Roche automation solutions perform an extensive inspection of samples for maximum workflow efficiency:
- Sample quality check via a high-resolution optical camera which enables detection of standard, haemolytic, lipaemic and icteric samples.
- Tube type identification.
- Laser liquid level detection.
Workflow your way
Personalised workflows enable you to choose from primary, aliquot or mixed workflow:
- Primary sample workflow – if the focus is on cost efficiency.
- Aliquot workflow – if the focus is on sample integrity and parallel testing.
- Mixed workflow – to optimise the benefits of both workflows.
Short and predictable time to results
- 3D intelligent tube transport helps laboratories to improve patient care by offering reliable results within predictably short turnaround times, even during peak workflows.
- Multi-level and bidirectional tube transport: empty tube holders and holders with tubes run separately to avoid traffic jams.
- Tubes always have a defined destination and do not circle the track, guaranteeing first-in-first-out sample processing.
- Tubes can bypass modules if processing is not required.
- Prioritised STAT workflow.
Flexible tube storage
A solution with cobas 8100 offers three storage concepts, ensuring fast access as soon as a tube is needed.
- Short-term storage for an immediate re-run
- Mid-term storage in the Add-on Buffer Module – for optimised add-on request processing within the same day
- Long-term storage
- The broad reagent portfolio consolidates 98% or more of routine serum work area assays.
- Immuno & clinical chemistry, haematology, coagulation, selective third-party analysers and archiving can all be integrated.
- Fully automate the laboratory process from sample entry to archive.
- Combine post-analytic solutions with the add-on buffer module for additional requests within one day.