The tests simultaneously provide pooled results on high-risk genotypes and individual results on the highest-risk genotypes, HPV 16 and HPV 18, at clinically relevant infection levels. Cervical cell specimens can be collected in PreservCyt® Solution, cobas® PCR Cell Collection Media and SurePath™ Preservative Fluid.
Results you can trust by our built-in quality & safety features
- Internal control: The ß-globin internal cellular control helps prevent false negatives. HPV negative specimens with a negative ß-globin result are flagged as invalid, helping to prevent reporting of false negative results
- Use of AmpErase Enzyme: Each reaction contains AmpErase Enzyme, reducing the risk of false positive results from carry-over contamination by differentiating amplification products from target molecules
- No cross reactivity: Demonstrates no cross-reactivity with non-high risk HPV genotypes, ensuring that positive results are clinically meaningful
Peace of mind patients deserve
- Assays are validated in clinical performance studies (e.g. cobas® 4800 HPV test was validated in the ATHENA Trial)1
- Validated for detection of >CIN2 lesions and not simply presence of HPV1
- Validated to the standards set forth in international guidelines for HPV testing for cervical screening purposes2,3,*
*Note: cobas® HPV for use on cobas® 6800/8800 Systems is currently under validation.