With STI rates on the rise1, cobas® CT/NG on the cobas 5800/6800/8800 systems provides a solution to meet the growing demand for CT/NG Testing, delivering exceptional assay performance, providing broader information for improved patient care decisions, and enabling simplicity and flexibility to support varying throughput and workflow requirements.
Features and benefits
Exceptional assay performance
- The Dual-Target approach of cobas® CT/NG of both the genomic and cryptic plasmid DNA of Chlamydia trachomatis, ensures inclusion of nvCT strains for a highly sensitive test.
- The use of two sets of primers targeting the highly conserved direct repeat region (DR-9) and a conserved sequence variant amplify and detect both wild type and variant versions of Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Simplicity and flexibility to meet varying throughput and workflow requirements
- Highest throughput molecular test for CT/NG on the market.
- Continuous loading of samples with no pre-sorting required for mixed test requests.
- Simultaneous processing of multiple tests from the same patient sample.
- Full automation and process control of all STI tests onto a single platform including LDTs.